Santa Clara County Project Proposal Process
Santa Clara County 4-H Project Approval Process
“Learn by doing” is an atmosphere where learning is fun is an important part of 4-H.
The project is one of the many places in 4-H where learn-by-doing takes place.
Within the project, members find things to learn, to do, to make, and to explore.
A 4-H project is:
- Planned work in an area of interest to the 4-H member.
- Guided by a 4-H adult volunteer(s) who is the project leader.
- Aimed at planned objectives that can be attained and measured.
- Summarized by some form of record keeping.
- A minimum of six hours of project instruction.
- Inclusive of 4-H Curriculum resources.
- For examples of project structure, see: Project Sheets
Each year, a 4-H member enrolls in at least one project. Members enrolling for the first time should be encouraged to take on only one project. As members gain experience, the size of the project may be increased or additional projects may be selected. Some project groups meet once a week. Others meet once or twice a month. The purpose of these meetings is to guide the members in gaining knowledge, attitudes, skills, and habits needed to complete their work successfully. Check with your county office to see which projects are currently being offered in your county. The availability of a project depends upon whether an adult volunteer is available to lead it.
- Refer to the California 4-H Projects List to identify which National 4-H Category this project falls under and check that box. http://4h.ucanr.edu/files/14270.pdf
To complete a project proposal, please use the 2018 - 2019 Project Proposal Document form. and follow the instructions. Once complete, the word document may be uploaded to the Project Proposal Survey HERE.
Additionally, there are many resources on the California State 4-H website:
- 4-H ADA Accommodation Request Form
- Essential Elements
- Experiential Learning Methods
- Project Leader's Digest
- Sample Job Description Volunteer project Leader
- Youth With Special Needs - Leaders Handbook (2013)
- 4-H Adult Volunteer Code of Conduct - English
- 4-H Adult Volunteer Code of Conduct - Spanish
- Member Code of Conduct with Signature - English
- Member Code of Conduct with Signature - Spanish
- Steps to Success (Spanish)
- Steps to Success in 4-H
- Steps to Success in 4-H FAQ
- Annual Project Report Form (with instructions)
- Leadership Development Report (2016-2017)