Large Animal Chairperson
Committee Make-up: Chairperson from each of the following areas:
- Dairy Cows
Events/Competition in Charge of:
- Large Animal Field Day:*
- Plan a minimum of (1) per year
- These Field Days include the following: demonstrations, speeches, showmanship, judging, informational booths
- Conduct weigh-in (including health check) for all exhibited animals
- Locate/hire judges for large animal round robin
- Oversee auction and make sure animals are in the right place at the right time
- Recruit project chairs for each animal in your area. If a project has no chairperson, the large animal chair becomes responsible for that project.
- Chairs are subject to approval by President and Executive Board
- Be a facilitator for project chairs, enabling them to do their jobs
- Have project area committee meetings at least quarterly
- Set “Goals and Objectives” and work towards them
- Plan field days and other events
- Review and vote on any submissions from project committees
- Recruit fair and field day help
- Fair book review and yearly planning (Sept-Nov)
- Keep records and submit to Executive Board and Council
- Attend Executive Board and County Council meetings as a member of the Executive Board
- Schedule all events with Council VP at least 60 days in advance.
- Work with Awards Committee to review and expand recognition in your area
- Encourage record book completion and submission
- Recruit and include Youth Chairs and Junior/Teen Leaders
- Serve as a resource in your county
- Educate leaders and members on criteria, content, and method of project.
- Communicate appropriate information to club project leaders.
- Update and maintain a binder of responsibilities and handbooks for your position
*See “How to” handout for details