University of California Cooperative Extension
4-H National Youth Science Day in Santa Clara County
This year’s 4-H NYSD challenge is called Code Your World, a computer science-themed challenge co-developed by Google and West Virginia University Extension Service.
Code Your World is perfect for first-time and beginner coders ranging in age from 8 to 14. It uses games, hands-on fun, and even dancing to teach kids important CS concepts and problem-solving skills.
Lessons comply with Next Generation Science Standards for in-class teaching and children will walk away with links to resources for continued Computer Science (CS) learning.
4-H National Youth Science Day
Why participate in the 2018 National Youth Science Day?
- 4-H NYSD is celebrated nationally on October 1, and in Santa Clara County we will celebrate it on October 13 at Google in Mountain View.
- This event is free for children ages 8 and up and it is free. Parents are encouraged to attend.
- Registration will open on September 7th, 2018.
- In addition, Teen Leaders will facilitate activities at local events throughout October.
- This year, we will lead children using “Code Your World” which includes online and offline activities, so no tech is required to get involved.
Do I have to be a 4-H member to participate in National Youth Science Day?
All youth ages 8 and up are welcome to participate in NYSD. You do not need to be a 4-H member.
And if you decide to join 4-H you will definitely have the opportunity to participate in more computer science related activities, leadership, public speaking and to contribute to our community. For information on how to join 4-H click here