1553 Berger Drive, Bldg. 1
San Jose, CA 95112
San Benito County
Santa Cruz County
SpecialtyVegetable Production, Nutrient Management, Small Farms
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Ag Commodities and Products - General
- Vegetable Crops
- Bell Peppers
- Vegetable Crops - General
- Leafy Vegetables - Other
- Plant Management Systems
- Insects, Mites, and Other Arthropods Affecting Plants
- Pathogens and Nematodes Affecting Plants
- Biological Control of Pests Affecting Plants
- Integrated Pest Management Systems
- Conservation and Efficient Use of Water
- Soil, Plant, Water, Nutrient Relationships
- Nutrients and Water in Agricultural Landscapes
- Small Farms
- Pest Management/Diseases
- Water Quality, Quantity, and Security
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Yeager, T.; Campoverde, E. (2018). Extension Education Enhances Knowledge and Use of Nursery Plant Production BMPS. Journal of the National Association of County Agricultural Agents. 11:2. December.
McCoy, S. R; Hochmuth, R. C.; Laughlin, W. L.; Gazula, A.; Fenneman, D. K. (2014). Economic Analysis of Fresh Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum annuum) Production under Shade Structures. Proceedings of the Florida State Horticultural Society. 126:101-106.
- Simonne, Eric; Gazula, Aparna (2014). "Water movement in drip irrigated sandy soils." Sustainable Practices in Surface and Subsurface Micro Irrigation, CRC Press: Waretown, NJ, USA: 183-210.
- Poh, B. L.; Gazula, A. (2011). "Use of reduced irrigation operating pressure in irrigation scheduling. I. Effect of operating pressure, irrigation rate, and nitrogen rate on drip-irrigated fresh-market tomato nutritional status and yields: implications on irrigation and fertilization management." HortTechnology 21(1): 14-21.
- Gioia, F. di; Simonne, E. H. (2010). "Assessment of ionic interferences to nitrate and potassium analyses with ion-selective electrodes." Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 41(14): 1750-1768.
- Simonne, E.; Hutchinson, C. (2010). "Current knowledge, gaps, and future needs for keeping water and nutrients in the root zone of vegetables grown in Florida." HortTechnology 20(1): 143-152.
Poh, B. L.; Gazula, A.; Simonne, E. H.; Hochmuth, R. C.; Alligood, M. R. (2010). Movement of the Wetted Front under Drip-irrigated Tomatoes Grown on a Sandy Soil. Proceedings of the Florida State Horticultural Society 123:175-178.
- Ozgen, M.; Wyzgoski, F. J. (2008). "Antioxidant capacity and phenolic antioxidants of midwestern black raspberries grown for direct markets are influenced by production site." HortScience 43(7): 2039-2047.
- Simonne, Eric; Hochmuth, Robert (2008). "Drip-irrigation systems for small conventional vegetable farms and organic vegetable farms." University of Florida IFAS Extension
Simonne, E.; Datar, R., et al. (2008). Sensory evaluation of red and yellow grape tomato varieties. Proceedings of the Florida State Horticultural Society 121:178-182.
Simonne, E.; Dukes, M.; Hochmuth, G.; Hochmuth, R.; Studstill, D.; Gazula, A. (2006). Monitoring nitrate concentration in shallow wells below a vegetable field. Proceedings of the Florida State Horticultural Society 119:226-230.
- Gazula, A.; Kleinhenz, M. D. (2005). "Temperature and cultivar effects on anthocyanin and chlorophyll b concentrations in three related lollo rosso lettuce cultivars." HortScience 40(6): 1731-1733.
- Kleinhenz, M. D.; Scheerens, J. C. (2003). "From farm to consumer - linking crop physiology and production with buyer-oriented quality. I. Vegetables." Acta Horticulturae 604: 95-103.
- Kleinhenz, M. D.; French, D. G. (2003). "Variety, shading, and growth stage effects on pigment concentrations in lettuce grown under contrasting temperature regimens." HortTechnology 13(4): 677-683.
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Small Farm - Chair
- Agroecology and Organic Farming Systems - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member
- Warm Season Vegetables - Member