1500 Purisima Creek Road
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Santa Clara County
Community Nutrition and Health
Community Nutrition and Health
SpecialtyCommunity Nutrition & Health
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Human Nutrition
- Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Nutrition and Hunger in the Population
- Obesity Prevention
- Human Development and Family Well-Being
- Community Insitutions, Health, and Social Services
- Domestic Policy Analysis
- Community Food Security
- Food System Assessments/Policy
- Healthy Families and Communities
- Kahn, Carmella B.; John, Brianna (2023). Teacher and Caregiver Perspectives on Water Is K'é: An Early Child Education Program to Promote Healthy Beverages among Navajo Children. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 20, 6696.
- Elnakib, Sara; Kairios, Ricardo (2023). The Advisory Committee on Public Policy Capitol Hill Visit: SNEB Members Shaping Policy. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 55:12, 849. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneb.2023.10.010
- Heiges, Jessica; Lee, Danielle (2022). Evaluating Food Packaging Waste in Schools: A Systematic Literature Review. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 19:9, 5607. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph19095607
- Cradock, Angie; Barrett, Jessica (2022). Lead Concentrations in US School Drinking Water: Testing Programs, Prevalence, and Policy Opportunities, 2016-2018. American Journal of Public Health. 112, S679-S689. https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/full/10.2105/AJPH.2022.306961
Vollmer, Laura (2022). Universal School Meals Are Coming to San Mateo County! A school meals primer for families and community members. Available in English and Spanish. http://ucanr.edu/cesanmateo.ucanr.edu/schoolmeals.
- Vollmer, Laura; Diekmann, Lucy (2023). Food Insecurity Risk in Santa Clara County. County of Santa Clara and University of California Cooperative Extension.
- Vollmer, Laura (2022). CalFresh Healthy Living's active recess project supports physical activity and healthy school communities. UC Delivers. https://ucanr.edu/blogs/blogcore/postdetail.cfm?postnum=55171
Vollmer, Laura (2022). Parent & Caregiver FAQ - Universal School Meals. Available in English and Spanish. http://ucanr.edu/cesanmateo.ucanr.edu/schoolmeals.
- Vollmer, Laura; Monaco, Rachel (2022). Universal School Meals: Early Experiences and Opportunities in San Mateo and Santa Clara County Schools. University of California Cooperative Extension, Second Harvest of Silicon Valley. https://ucanr.edu/sites/cesanmateo/files/374052.pdf
- Vollmer, Laura; Buzayan, Yousef (2021). Persevering through COVID-19: Schools Support Food Access in San Mateo County. UCCE San Mateo-San Francisco, Community Alliance with Family Farmers, San Mateo County Health. https://ucanr.edu/sites/cesanmateo/files/347695.pdf
- Vollmer, Laura; Webb, Karen (2021). Role of Food Bank Nutrition Policies: A Guide to Action. Nutrition in Food Banking Toolkit. Feeding America.
- Diekmann, Lucy; Vollmer, Laura (2021). Santa Clara County Food Systems Workplan. https://sustainability.sccgov.org/sites/g/files/exjcpb976/files/documents/Food%20Systems%20Workplan.pdf