Virtual Delivery UC Master Food Preserver Program Coordinator (CES 4) – Davis, CA, Job ID 63003
Location: UC ANR - Davis
Date Posted: December 21, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
As part of the statewide UC Master Food Preserver Program, the Community Education Specialist 4 (CES4) will manage all aspects of implementing a USDA Specialty Crop Block grant to create a new statewide virtual delivery program. The CES4 will provide oversight for 50-75 volunteers participating remotely. All volunteer activity will be online, as will all educational outreach activities. The position will include travel to several sites to conduct in-person training labs, planned and delivered by the CES4.
The CES4 will use advanced technical expertise and program management concepts to provide deliverables of the grant funded program, including:
- Use the existing statewide online training program to certify at least 50 UC Master Food Preserver Virtual Delivery Volunteers.
- Develop a marketing and education plan for a two-year series of online specialty crop food education and preservation events and educational outreach.
- Develop and conduct multiple monthly online educational events, with a goal of completing at least 42 events by the end of the grant. (These events will be delivered by the program's volunteers, supervised by the CES4.)
- Create an online Helpline system to answer food safety and food preservation questions about specialty crop products. (The Helpline system will be staffed by the program's volunteers, supervised by the CES4.)
- Cultivate an active social media presence for the statewide UC Master Food Preserver Program. (Social media content will be developed by the program's volunteers, supervised by the CES4.)
- Create a statewide UC Master Food Preserver online educational newsletter. (Content will be created by the program's volunteers, supervised by the CES4.)
The CES4 will analyze and develop statewide training deliverables and evaluate progress towards the grant's objectives and deliverables. Works on multiple complex program deliverables, where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation and understanding of program's strategies and objectives. Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques for program development, data analysis, and progress. Uses strong project management skills to oversee multiple volunteer teams. Serves as lead and subject matter expert for online delivery of educational content. Food preservation experience not a requirement as the CES4 will attend the food preservation certification training program.
This position is a contract appointment that is 100% fixed, starting from the date of hire and ending on 6/30/2026.
The home department is the Master Food Preserver Program. While this position normally is based in Davis, CA, this position is eligible for hybrid flexible work arrangements, for applicants living in the State of California, at this time. Please note that hybrid flexible work arrangements are subject to change by the University. This position will include occasional visits to other offices across California as needed for in-person volunteer training and program coordination.
Pay Scale: $56,800.00/year to $78,000.00/year
This position will promote, in all ways consistent with the other responsibilities of the position, accomplishment of the Affirmative Action goals established by the Division.
The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check. This is a designated position requiring a background check and may require fingerprinting due to the nature of the job responsibilities. UC ANR does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California Policy on Vaccination Programs, as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
To apply, please visit:
If you are a current employee of our organization, please use the following link instead: