Engineering Science Chairperson
Chairperson from each of the following areas:
- Small Engines
Events/Competitions in Charge of:
- Annual Engineering Field Day to include any or all of the following: demonstrations, speeches, judging, informational booths
- Help with check-in for engineering exhibits
- Help put together displays
- Supply runners and clerks for judging
- Help with exhibit pick-up at the end of fair
- Work with the fair personnel on fair premium book entries
- Recruit project chairs for each area.
- Chairs are subject to approval by President and Executive Board
- Be a facilitator for project chairs, enabling them to do their jobs.
- Committee responsibilities
- Set “Goals and Objectives” and work towards them
- Plan field days and other events
- Review and vote on any submissions from project committees
- Recruit field day help
- Fair book review and yearly planning (Sept-Nov)
- Keep records and submit to Executive Board and Council
- Attend Executive Board and County Council meetings as a member of the Executive Board
- Schedule all events with Council VP at least 60 days in advance.
- Work with Awards Committee to review and expand recognition in your area
- Encourage record book completion and submission
- Recruit and include Youth Chairs and Junior/Teen Leaders
- Serve as a resource in your county
- Educate leaders and members on criteria, content, and method of project.
- Communicate appropriate information to club project leaders.
- Update and maintain a binder of responsibilities and handbooks for your position