Family and Consumer Science Chairperson
Chairperson from each of the following areas:
- 2 interested volunteers from the county (youth or adult)
- Strongly recommended for youth to comprise 1/3 of committee
Events/Competitions in Charge of:
- Fashion Review*
- Design Contest*
- Make-it-with-Wool Contest
- Contact Statewide MIWW organizers for dates and rules
- Organize local competition
- Favorite Foods Day*
- Cultural Foods Day*
- Recruit project chairs for foods and clothing, plus 2 volunteers.
- Chairs are subject to approval by President and Executive Board
- Be a facilitator for project chairs, enabling them to do their jobs.
- Committee responsibilities
- Set “Goals and Objectives” and work towards them
- Plan field days and other events
- Review and vote on any submissions from project committees
- Recruit field day help
- Fair book review and yearly planning (Sept-Nov)
- Keep records and submit to Executive Board and Council
- Attend Executive Board and County Council meetings as a member of the Executive Board
- Schedule all events with Council VP at least 60 days in advance.
- Work with Awards Committee to review and expand recognition in your area
- Encourage record book completion and submission
- Recruit and include Youth Chairs and Junior/Teen Leaders
- Serve as a resource in your county
- Educate leaders and members on criteria, content, and method of project.
- Communicate appropriate information to club project leaders.
- Update and maintain a binder of responsibilities and handbooks for your position
*See “How to” for details