County Fashion Revue
Santa Clara County 2023
4-H Fashion Review
The 8 categories with descriptions are below.
We encourage all 4-H members to reuse, re-purpose, and recycle!
The Santa Clara County 4-H Fashion Revue:
- Provides educational activities for youth who are learning and growing in citizenship, leadership, and life skills
- Inspires appreciation of clothing, textiles, consumer science, and personal development
- Introduces opportunities to extend youth leadership and communication
- Promotes self-esteem through individual expression
- Consumer Science Purchased, $50.00 Limit
- Make It With Wool
- Costume Challenge
- Softie Challenge
- Leather Creations
- Tie Die (does not qualify for State Fashion Review)
2023 Age Divisions, as of 12/31/22
- Clover, age 5-8 (does not advance to state)
- Junior, age 9-10
- Intermediate, age 11-13
- Senior, age 14-18
For more details on each category go to:
Adult Coordinator: Serena Flores @ Floresserena10@yahoo.com
- All 4-H Members
- Enrollment in Clothing & Textiles and Sewing projects are required for Traditional, Make It With Wool, and Quilt categories only. The other three categories are open to any 4-H member.
- Traditional, Consumer Science Purchased, $50.00 Limit, and Costume entries must have received County Winner at a County 4-H Fashion Revue or other qualifying event.
- Only one County Winner from each age division in the Traditional, Consumer Science Purchased, $50.00 Limit, and Costume categories may enter State Fashion Revue.
- Make It With Wool, Softie Challenge, Leather Creations, and Quilts categories do not need to qualify at a County 4-H Fashion Revue or other qualifying event.
2023 Entry Requirements
Each entry must include:
- Traditional, Consumer Science Purchased, Costume Challenge, Make it with Wool: A full length photo of the member wearing the outfit, head to toe, including shoes. Optional: One or two additional photos of an accessory or something special about the outfit.
- Softie Challenge, Leather Creations, Quilts: at least one photo of the item.
Additional category submission requirements
- Consumer Science Purchased - submit photos of receipts
- SFR Modeling Guide: Clue Yourself into Modeling
- Sewing Skills Progress Chart
- The Total Look
- The Total Look Leader's Guide
- Measuring Up, Quality standards for sewn items
- Ready-made garment analysis
- Fashion Modeling
- 4-H Sewing project information from National 4-H.
- Shop 4-H Practical Skills Curriculum (includes all Clothing & Textile curriculum)